Jaywalker is a special place because we are a community. Caring for each other comes naturally at Jaywalker, but in these times, we must formalize our mutual respect and care. To that end, we are asking all clients, staff, and consultants to adhere to our Community Pledge. With this commitment, we promise to abide by a set of rules for behavior across our community. These include requirements around the wearing of masks in public, hand washing and sanitation, social distancing, the use of designated spaces at designated times, as well as other behaviors to help promote the well-being of all of us at Jaywalker.
The health and safety of our community is our top priority as we adapt during the COVID-19 pandemic, and the Community Pledge is one component of our overall Health & Safety plan which includes:
- Daily screening. Mandatory screening procedures to monitor health conditions of all members of our community. All clients and staff will be required to take a temperature check and respond daily to several self-check questions to acknowledge that they are feeling well and whether they have been in contact with anyone who is symptomatic or has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Testing and contact tracing. Jaywalker has a testing plan and contact-tracing program to monitor for potential spread and to test people with symptoms. New admissions are thoroughly screened prior to being accepted into our programs, and they will also have a PCR & Antibody COVID test when they arrive. Clients and staff are routinely and periodically tested using the COVID-19 antibody tests.
- Face masks/coverings. Disposable masks or cloth face coverings must be worn at all times in public settings (public spaces, meeting rooms, hallways, stairwells, elevators, classrooms, restrooms, etc.). Each staff member and client will be provided with disposable masks.
- Good hygiene. Emphasis on hand washing. Hand sanitizer will also be made available in secure areas within Jaywalker facilities. Jaywalker frequent sanitizes facilities and surfaces in accordance with guidelines.
- Maintaining physical distancing. All members of our community will comply with the requirement to maintain at least 6 feet of distance wherever possible. Individuals should avoid gathering in groups and should stay out of crowded places.
- Community pledge. All members of Jaywalker are be expected to acknowledge and adhere to community expectations that emphasizes the responsibility of every member of the community in helping to maintain a safe environment by complying with all COVID-19 federal, state, and local requirements and Jaywalker COVID-19 policies.
- Jaywalker remains steadfast in its commitment to keeping our community as safe an environment as possible.
Jaywalker is a remarkable community comprised of clients, staff, alumni and families. We will continue to stay open and provide lifesaving treatment safely for our patients and support those who need addiction treatment. We are here to support you and answer any of your questions. Please stay safe, be kind, be calm.